7.30.2010

Ahhhhhh!

Well hello blog friends (Amy, Peyton, and on occasion, Brittany...), I'm still alive! Took lots of pictures - can't find camera - found camera but memory card is MIA, you know how it goes. So to sum up the past month and half since we've been in Oregon (and done with Provo since Brandon graduated-yay!), here ya go: Went to the dermatologist two days ago because ever since I moved to Oregon I've had all these zits, blah blah, very boring. Anyways, I paid Doctor whoever-she-was $135 to not prescribe me anything because apparently my insistence that I am suffering from life-altering, extreme, 13-yr-old acne meant nothing to her, and she assured me they would go away and I might "be under an increased amount of stress lately?"

Hmmm, well, as of late:

-We've moved from Utah to Oregon. (Hmm, funny story for a later time on that topic. It involves my car making it to south Salt Lake before it plunkered out and died, which left me stranded on I-15 for 2 hours in the blazing sun.)

-We bought a new car (Rav4, not new of course, but fun!)

-We sold a car (Flames and all!)

-We are in the middle of closing on a new house in Oregon City (which is a million times more stressful than I ever thought it would be!)

-We bought a lab puppy (It pees, it poops, it pukes, it whines, it bites, it licks my face...we might as well have had a baby!!! Have you seen Marley and Me? Watch it, then cry for me.)

-We are yet to unpack any of our boxes because we live in Brandon's Grandma's basement until mid-August (which also means we don't have our own place and are NEVER ALONE). So naturally I can't find ANYTHING and every morning I spend a good chunk of time crying to Brandon that I don't know where any of my clothes are and I'm sick of wearing the same 5 outfits over and over...and over.

-While living at Brandon's Grandma's house we are conveniently located 6 minutes away from my parents and 10 minutes away from his parents. No matter how much I LOVE our families, this is a weeee bit to close.

-Brandon works 9am - 8pm pretty regularly and so I never ever see him.

-I work for my dad, and I just got a new job at a Real Estate company.

-We have taken on the care of 2 horses at my parents property which somehow is way more work than you can imagine.

Okay, now I just sound like the biggest whiner ever. I am very happy, life is fabulous, but for someone who stresses constantly this is not the ideal situation! Isn't it funny how in life we are so quick to look ahead and say "Okay, when this is over I will be happy and able to breathe"? That is exactly how I feel right now.

5 comments:

  1. A. Even if your doctor presribed you something, it wouldn't work. I have the opposite reaction to Oregon. In Utah my skin dies and then clears up in Oregon. Also, maybe Brandon's grandma's house has really hard water.

    B. Remember when you used to graciously let me borrow your flaming car all the time? You are a saint.

    C. You live 10 minutes away from your family. I live IN my mother-in-laws house.

    D. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovvvve this update. It's nice to hear what you guys have been up to! I feel so out of touch with everyone these days so I am glad you decided to whip out another post on the Ol'blog. As far as zits go.. 1. I doubt you have ANY because you have fabulous skin. I know this, I lived with you. 2. be glad they are not cold sores... my summer nemesis. they are gross. and 3. Holy cow expensive useless doctor lady. Well when you get around to it and things slow down lets see some car and house and puppy pics! All of those things are so exciting! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay and I lived with his grandparents for a summer, and as much as we appreciated having a rent-free place to stay, it definitely wasn't ideal. I feel ya.
    YAY for a house! So exciting! Good luck getting everything closed and settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't appreciate being left out of your shout out to your fellow blog readers. Never mind the fact that I'm reading it almost a month late...I did get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm left out of your blog shout-out too.....grrrrr

    ReplyDelete