4.20.2010

For Lack of Anything Better...

I'm the biggest picture slacker. I love pictures more than the average person, but somehow never bring my camera anywhere! I was skimming my last posts and realizing that my recent cop-out of posting internet picture is really lame. SO, I whipped out Brandon's camera and found some fun old pictures from the past. Bear with me....I will get better at taking pictures. Maybe if I had cuter clothes I'd be more willing to take pictures....geeez Brandon's right....that is my excuse for everything. But really, the lack of cute summer clothes is a serious problem.



When I went home in February to help my parents move into their new house I got to go visit my brother in Eugene! I had never been, which is strange because I've lived in Oregon my entire life and it's only 2 hours away. Anyway, it is an absolutely gorgeous part of Oregon and a really cool city. I brought my little brother with me and we hung out with Ian for the day. This is both of them at some yummy Pizza place we found.


Over Thanksgiving (I warned you these were old pictures, stop judging), Brandon went pheasant hunting with his dad and some friends. No, I don't "like" that he kills things for fun...but there are worse things. We prepared and ate the pheasant meat for our Thanksgiving feast in Park City. Yea, I would not recommend it. Chewy, dry, bland...tastes like blah chicken.


I hate this picture of me. My face was all swollen and I was really sick. BUT it reminds me how much I love that guy. This was taken when we went to Sun River for a week or so last summer when we were in Oregon. His family goes every year and rents a cabin. It's a really neat place, we go tubing down the river, fishing, biking, we lay out, barbecue, watch movies, get ice cream cones every day (nothing makes me happier), eat really yummy food...it's pretty much my favorite.


Most of the pictures on Brandon's camera are from fishing trips he's taken. I just thought this was a cute one of his boat and his dad. Nothing makes Bran happier than fishing with his dad.


Two big ones! I have to look at every one of these pictures when he gets home from a fishing trip. I've spared you all by only posting the "good" ones, the other 200 pictures are individual glamor shots of fish that all look the same, or dead fish, or blood from gutting the fish....boys take the weirdest pictures.


This picture just really makes me miss the Oregon waters! The trees, the mountain (don't laugh if you're from Utah, yes we call those mountains), the boats, the ducks, so pretty!


Brandon would tell you I never want to go fishing, but I know secretly it's just "his thing" and he doesn't want me to go :) because I DO love to go! But it's fine, I think it's good to have things you can do without each other. He has his things (hunting, fishing), I have my things (horses, horses, horses), and it keeps us sane! BUT every once and awhile it's really fun to share in each others favorite hobbies. This past summer we went fishing for the day with his dad on some outlet off the Columbia river.

The first 5 hours were great---really relaxing, beautiful, fun....ok, but really, I don't know how people sit in that small boat all day and wait for a bite. It hit a point where I had had my fun and was ready to gooooo. My first fish was a 32 lb. Salmon. Mitch took this picture on his phone when I was holding onto this fish for dear life. We had it on the line for truly like 30 minutes and it was determined not to be brought in that boat. This picture doesn't do justice to the drama that incured during those 30 minutes. All three of us were literally running around the boat trying to keep this fish on the line. It was exciting when we finally pulled it up, but to this day Brandon still gives me a hard time for not fully appreciating that moment...thus I am no longer invited on fishing trips.


4 comments:

  1. Kels, I am so glad that you have come to the realization that you need more pics on your blog! keep em coming!! I want to see what you guys are up to when we leave! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel too bad. I'm the same way with taking pictures. That's why there are more pictures of turtles and insects on our blog (thanks to Jay) than there are of our little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you know how excited I get when I see you have a new blog post. I love it. Internet pictures and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry kelsey, I follow yours too! ;) Oh thanks-- Bauer is as cute as can be, and it helps he's such an easy baby! I'm glad to hear you're moving back!! We're living out here in Sherwood-- We'll for sure have to get together. We should all get together when the Bills come in town!!

    ReplyDelete