4.05.2010

Really Looking Forward To...

The Oregon Coast!

I have been landlocked in this barren state for FAR too long (5 years!) and cannot wait to enjoy the cold, windy, cloudy Oregon beaches (haha). Yes, the Oregon Coast has a reputation of being miserably cold and nothing like a beach at all, but those who grew up near it will agree that it is still a gorgeous place to be! Seal-watching, whale-watching, crabbing, bonfires, digging for clams, playing at the dunes, eating at Mo's Seafood...can't wait.






Flowers

You know the blossoms on the trees and flowers in the soil are trying HARD to make their spring debut when the daffodils start popping up. They seem to be the most diligent Spring flower (in Utah at least), and are always one of the first to pop out of the ground. Cherry Blossoms are my favorite and I am patiently awaiting their arrival. Stupid Utah "Spring" is sure putting a damper on my mood! This freeeezing and snowing one day and semi-warm and sunny the next crap is gettin' old!














A Puppy!

For Graduation (which will be in June for him), Brandon really wants a white-lab puppy. His family dog growing up was a white-lab and he has many memories with her. Annie, the dog, is still alive but is definitely on the downward hill. He is looking forward to training a new hunting/fishing dog. I'm sure I'll be cursing it's name when shedding, pooping, peeing and ripping up all of my stuff, but in the meantime I'm really excited. I love dogs, but mostly I just love everything in "baby" form right now. You could get me a baby worm and I'd think it's just the cutest thing ever. No, I'm not pregnant.

Brandon plans on turning this future innocent and adorable puppy into a savage bird killer. I'm still coping with this idea...









Fruit Stands

I don't think anyone loves fresh fruit, berry, and veggie stands quite as much as myself. Last summer we found this incredible fruit stand in West Linn and turned into frequent customers in no time. I love that during the summer you can live off fresh fruit for so cheap!















Oh hell, I just looked outside and it's hailing. I really need Summer to be here.

3 comments:

  1. I hate the land-locked state. Say hi to the coast for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony used to have a lab named Davie. He still whines everytime he sees one...I have a feeling that we'll end up with one someday soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey :) I'm glad you found me!! You and your husband are one darling couple - it's always fun to see what everyone does after college :)

    ReplyDelete