3.29.2011

3 Weeks 6 Days

Not that I'm counting or anything. Just DYING to get this baby boy out of me and meet him! I always thought it was weird when people said they couldn't wait to "meet" their baby, but I totally get it now. It's strange being so close (literally) to another human but not even knowing what they look like. Official due date is April 24th, but I'm more than aware that only 3-5% of women actually have their baby on their "due date" (crazy huh?) and most go over with their first, UGH.

Pregnancy has actually been a lot easier than I thought it would be. I hate to admit that because I know a LOT of people have miserable pregnancies and I feel really bad for them and sort of feel like I got "cheated" of the "real" pregnancy experience (but I'm not complaining!). I really was never very nauseous, never had morning sickness, and haven't had trouble sleeping. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been a walk in the park and I can come up with a huge list of my own complaints (soreness, heartburn, feeling fat, extreme exhaustion, etc.), but comparatively I got pretty darn lucky. My biggest cravings have been dairy and fruit. I go through milk like no one's business and I'm ALWAYS up for a bowl of cereal (honey nut cheerios are a favorite!). With fruit starting to come in season (kind of) I've been buying up over priced Strawberries and Watermelon like crazy (which Brandon likes points out is a very expensive not-in-season craving). I could eat Watermelon for every meal, and easily go through one a day. And then of course there's my constant need for sugar! But that's nothing new, everyone who knows me knows I'm a complete candy junkie. I admit I pictured myself eating a little healthier when I was pregnant, like it would be some really good motivation to eat nothing but the best organic veggies and leanest meats...but I have zero self control and I think I'm okay with it.

Below is my pathetic attempt to snap a prego picture in the nursery mirror. Note the oversized sweater and leggings. CANNOT WAIT to never wear leggings EVER again. I was so glad they were "in style" when I got pregnant because they're extremely comfortable and cheap but I am soooo sick of them 8 months later. Squishing into those pre-prego jeans is going to be so wonderful. I think I've stretched out a good 70% of my closet with my refusal to buy maternity clothes...guess I'll have to go shopping, whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment